Monday, March 3, 2008

The Arnold Challenge

I think the best thing that happened during this race was actually seeing The Govenator. Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger was there to start off the first race, but left in a hurry to important California business.(in Ohio?) Anyways, the course was a 1 mile 4 corner sketchy crit. The last turn had me the most worried; it was really sharp, really narrow, and a little bit of gravel on it. My goal was to race smart and not lose any skin. I decided, if it got too dangerous, I would bag it and save it for another day.



Thanks to a front row starting position, I was able to stay at the front for the first few laps. Around the 6th or 7th lap I let down my guard and faded to midpack, and started to panic a little(being in the middle of the pack is one of the last places I wanted to be on this course). Right then I saw Joe making his way to the front, and I did my best to grab his wheel. I lost his wheel but hitched a ride to the front from someone else. Then faded back and rode to the front and faded back etc, etc. After a while my mental block got the better of me and I decided to bag it. I hate quitting, but it's early in the season and I'd like to keep all of my present layers of skin right where they are.*

Joe put in some devastating attacks and round up finishing 11th. Not bad. Not bad at all for the only the 3rd month of the year. You guys better watch out for this playa. He's a lean, mean, clean, racing machine and hungry for a win this year. Grab yo glocks and run!*




*I'm pretty exhausted right now, and I'm sorry if some of this stuff makes lots of sense to nobody*

*exactly*

Next Up: The Henryville Classic

No comments: