Saturday, March 15, 2008

Acton Lake RR

Nothing much has gone on for the past week or two. The CIBA Hinkle Field house rides have just started up again, and I got a new TT helmet. Pretty sweet! Today was the Acton Lake RR in Oxford, OH. It started out pretty chilly when Joe and I rode a warm up lap, but it got even colder as the race progressed, eventually raining in the end. There weren't too many people there, but the Alderfer & Bergmann guys made about half the field.





As soon as we start off some A&B guy attacked and ran out of gas, then another one attacked ,and another one attacked, and another one attacked, (etc. etc,) for the first lap until another A&B guy got away with a Pista Elite guy(sorry, I don't know every body's name), and they got a bit of a gap. The move didn't look too dangerous so Joe and I backed off for a half a lap. We then find out they have a minute on us, so we start pulling through, and for some reason another A&B guy attacked! That was it! If they want to play like that, we'll give it right back to them. Joe and I started attacking and somewhere I get a gap and try bridging up to the break, but by then the break had up to 3 mins on us. Dang. Those guys were booking. When I got pulled back only 5 guys were there, including Joseph, Depauw, Inferno, and 2 A&B. I sat in for a few minutes then started helping Joe pull. The A&B guys were pulling through, but they were obviously blocking. Because the break ostensibly was not gaining any ground, Joe and I decided to start up the fireworks. Two laps later of continuously attacking the break, it was apparent that we weren't going to drop anybody else.( 1 A&B either was dropped or flatted, I'm not sure) We just sorta gave up on going off the front. With one 9 mile loop to go, it started to rain and the temp dropped some more. Since I wasn't working as hard as the past laps, my body started shutting down(courtesy of the temperature drop). Joe absolutely destroyed the sprint(for second, once again) with A&B getting 3rd, Inferno 4th, and yours truly almost 4th. Pics will be up sooner than later.

I don't even know whats next.

No comments: