Monday, April 7, 2008

So much fun in too little time

Two weekends ago was Hillsboro Roubaix. Dave Caughlin (Nuvo) and I made the haul out for Hillsboro. The 1,2s was 4 laps of a 22 mile loop with rolling hills, a gravel section and 2 blocks of "cobbles" right before the finish. The course was a blasty blast, but the racers and weather was going to make the going tough.

We started off in a frigid 40 degree haze, but right after we got rolling the temp warmed up significantly. Coming off of a semi easy week, I was hoping to get a decent result, but other parts of my anatomy were to say otherwise. I kept a top 5-15 spot position in the field in the first lap, while Matt Brandt was off the front with several attacks. At the start of the second lap I began getting some uncomfortable stomach cramps that just wouldn't subside. And before I knew it I was off the back not being able to pedal without the consequence of losing the white in my new bibs (if you know what I mean). Thankfully Dave pulled off seeing that I had lost contact with the field. Everyone knows that misery enjoys company. But not enough company in the World could have helped me with my gastro problem. After a few miles of trying to "walk it off", I just couldn't fight it off and had to pull in to some poor secluded person's yard and http://blip.tv/file/189853 (For an extremely entertaining description of a similar event by Bob Roll click on the link). All I can say is that it was a good thing no French family was behind me. I feel your pain Bob.

The race went on for every body else though;
Cat 3/4s
1- Chris Wallace-Mesa
2- James Vandeven-Gettagrip
3- Garrick Valverde -Mesa
Cat 1/2s
1- Steve Tilford
2- Brian Jensen
3- Adam Mills
.......
12- Matt Brandt- Mesa
20- Adam Lang- Mesa
If anyone knows if there was a photographer at the race leave me a message. Thanks!
Next report due: Tenn/Marian Crit.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out

http://www.chicagobikeracing.com/index.php/site/categories/category/race_reports/

The write up on Hillsboro they have sites from 4 different photographers that were there.

BVDG said...

hey bro - someone tagged a few on facebook, go to the MWCCC group, there are some there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leibo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leibo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leibo said...

I'm sorry for the profane comment that was posted here earlier. It originated from Long Beach,Ca. Isn't tecnology great?

Get a vocab and stay in school, fool.

Anonymous said...

Why are you sighned up for the tour of st louis as a 3 when you raced hillsboro in the Cat 1,2.

Leibo said...

Whos asking?

Anonymous said...

update your blog